What We Do
Economic Development & Empowerment
Our goal is to ensure that an increased number of Black Canadian women and girls have improved access to economic literacy resources. To do this, we support the economic empowerment of Black women by providing the following services:
Our goal is to ensure that an increased number of Black Canadian women and girls can:
- Understand the different kinds of violence and how these affect them
- Detect signs of violence and apply relevant strategies to extract themselves safely from violent situations and environments
- Deploy safety measures to protect themselves if and when they encounter violent confrontations.
- Find their voice, speak out about their experiences and become mentors to other women and girls experiencing similar situations.
To help prevent violence against Black Canadian women and girls, we provide the following services:
Our goal is to ensure that an increased number of Black Canadian women and girls:
- Have the opportunity to build the skills, confidence, and capacity for active participation in the community.
- Are able to use the skills gained from program interventions to step into leadership roles.
- Are able to contribute better to decision making within their organizations and communities.
- Are able to be mentored by women leaders in their communities.
To develop Black Canadian women leaders, we provide training on:
No events found.]